Call for Papers
Since 2013 the MSR conference has included a Data Showcase. The purpose of the Data Showcase is to provide a forum to share and discuss the important data sets that underpin the work of the Mining Software Repositories community.
Data Showcase papers should describe data sets that are curated by their authors and made available to use by others. Ideally, these data sets should be of value to others in the community, should be preprocessed or filtered in some way, and should provide an easy-to-understand schema. Data showcase papers are expected to include:
- a description of the data source
- a description of the methodology used to gather it (preferably with the tool used to create/generate the data)
- a description of the storage mechanism, including a schema if applicable,
- a description of how the data has been used by others, ideas for what future research questions could be answered or what further improvements could be made to the data set, and any limitations and/or challenges in creating or using this data set. The data set should be made available at the time of submission of the paper for review, but will be considered confidential until publication of the paper.
Data showcase papers are not:
- empirical studies
- tool demos
- based on poorly explained or untrustworthy heuristics for data collection, or
- simply applying generic tools to generate data that is quick and easy for others to gather.
Submit your data paper (maximum 4 pages) to EasyChair. The deadline is to be announced.
Papers submitted for consideration should not have been published elsewhere and should not be under review or submitted for review elsewhere during the duration of consideration. ACM plagiarism policies and procedures shall be followed for cases of double submission.
Upon notification of acceptance, all authors of accepted papers will be asked to complete an ACM Copyright form and will receive further instructions for preparing their camera ready versions. At least one author of each paper is expected to present the results at the MSR conference as a poster or oral presentation. All accepted contributions will be published in the conference electronic proceedings.
|Papers Due||to be announced|
|Author Notification||to be announced|
|Camera Ready||to be announced|
Program Committee Chairs